First things first - My first name is pronounced “nee-cha.” The C in my middle name stands for Chitphakdithai, pronounced “jit-puck-tie.” You will find my older publications under this name.
I am an assistant professor in the Department of Radiology & Biomedical Imaging at the Yale School of Medicine, with a secondary appointment in the Department of Biomedical Engineering at the Yale School of Engineering and Applied Sciences. I develop algorithms for medical image processing and analysis. My current work focuses on applications of deep learning for analysis of functional magnetic resonance imaging data, motion correction for dynamic PET imaging, and analysis of digital breast tomosynthesis (3D mammography) for breast cancer detection.
I am a biomedical engineer by training, from my undergraduate studies at Johns Hopkins to my PhD research under James S. Duncan at Yale. In my research, I have utilized techniques spanning from Bayesian inference to modern machine learning. Biomedical applications of my work have varied from registration of brain images, to particle reconstruction for cryo-electron microscopy, to functional neuroimage analysis and neuroprediction.
I have recently been receiving many emails inquiring about MS/PhD positions. If you are interested in joining us, please apply to the Yale Biomedical Engineering (BME) graduate program. More about the Yale Graduate School admissions and applications process can be found here, and more on the Yale BME graduate program can be found here. While I can answer general questions about the BME program or my potential projects, a BME admissions committee will evaluate the applications to decide on admissions.
- Congratulations to Xueqi for winning the MSB Thesis Madness Competition at MICCAI! - October 11, 2023
- 1 paper accepted for presentation at SASHIMI 2023 - Congrats Xueqi! - August 8, 2023
- 1 abstract accepted for presentation at AHA23 - Congrats Allen! - August 8, 2023
- 2 papers accepted for presentation at MLCN 2023 - Congrats to Jiyao on your first conference paper! - July 26, 2023
- Paper accepted for publication by IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging - Congrats Xueqi! - June 24, 2023
- Article in Computer Vision News highlighted our MLCN workshop at MICCAI - May 03, 2023
- Short paper accepted for presentation at MIDL 2023 - Congrats Allen! - April 28, 2023
- Awarded an NIH NIBIB R21 Trailblazer grant on Interpretable Deep Learning Models for Analysis of Longitudinal 3D Mammography Screenings - excited to begin this new line of research! - March 27, 2023
- Abstract accepted for presentation at SNMMI 2023 - Congrats Xueqi! - March 24, 2023
- Our workshop on Machine Learning in Clinical Neuroimaging (MLCN) has been accepted for MICCAI 2023 - February 28, 2023
- Paper accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Radiation and Plasma Medical Sciences - Congrats Xueqi! - December 5, 2022
- Honored to be selected for a MICCAI 2022 Outstanding Reviewer Award - July 19, 2022
- Paper on motion correction for whole-body dynamic PET accepted by Medical Image Analysis - Nice work Xueqi! - June 24, 2022
- Paper on early-stage Parkinson’s disease characterization accepted by Frontiers in Neuroimaging - June 22, 2022
- Congratulations to Xueqi for winning a MICCAI 2022 Student Travel Award! - June 20, 2022
- Paper provisionally accepted (top 13%) for MICCAI 2022 - Congrats Xueqi! - May 4, 2022
- Paper accepted by IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging - Congrats to Xiaoxiao and her team! - May 2, 2022
- Happy to join the organizing committee for the MICCAI Workshop on Machine Learning in Clinical Neuroimaging (MLCN 2022) - April 25, 2022
- Abstract accepted for Oral Presentation at SNMMI 2022 - Congrats Xueqi! - April 8, 2022
- Paper accepted at ICLR 2022 - Congrats Juntang! - January 20, 2022
- Happy to serve on the Technical Committee for MIDL 2022 - December 1, 2021
- Congratulations to Xueqi for winning the 2nd Best Poster Award at IEEE NSS MIC 2021! - October 23, 2021
- Coursera course on Introduction to Medical Software (in which I give a guest lecture) is live! - October 12, 2021
- Honorable Mention Outstanding Reviewer at MICCAI 2021, given to ~6% of reviewers - September 30, 2021
- Paper accepted at NeurIPS 2021 - Congrats Juntang! - September 28, 2021
- Honorable Mention Reviewer Award at MIDL 2021 - thanks to MIDL folks for putting together a great meeting!
- Paper accepted by Medical Image Analysis - Congrats Xiaoxiao! - September 10, 2021
- Happy to serve as an Associate Editor for Frontiers in Neuroscience, Brain Imaging Methods Section - July 26, 2021
- Submission accepted for Mini Oral presentation in the Student Paper Award Poster Competition session at 2021 IEEE NSS MIC - Congrats Xueqi! - July 8, 2021
- Paper accepted by IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging - Congrats Luyao! - May 15, 2021
- Workshop proposal on Interpretable Machine Learning in Healthcare accepted by ICML 2021 - April 3, 2021
- Paper accepted to IPMI 2021 - Congrats Juntang! - February 12, 2021
- Paper accepted to ICLR 2021 - Congrats Juntang! - January 12, 2021
- Journal paper summarizing the results of the 2019 Connectomics in Neuroimaging - Transfer Learning Challenge, where we won the Best Challenger Award, has been accepted by Medical Image Analysis - January 11, 2021
- Paper accepted at ISBI 2021 - Congrats Shiyu on your first conference paper! - January 8, 2021